Monday, September 22, 2008

Do you feel valued as customer?

Hello,

It is a world, where everywhere in each magazine, on house walls, or in newspaper you can read -actually around the globe-: 
"We do whatever the CUSTOMER wishes! Customer comes first!".
  • What is meant by that?
  • How many times have you been asked on how the service or a product should be delivered to you?
  • When you deal with service hotlines - how welcomed do you feel?
Today, while having had a small but nevertheless nagging service issue to be dealt with a service hotline, I felt like just a "number" not a valuable customer.
Of course there had been a service hotline, actually two as my two issues couldn't be handle by phone call throughput (should be possible nowadays).
Makes me wonder why companies are not ASKING their CUSTOMERS for advice to deliver better or even wished services?

What has been your most positive experience as a customer and your personal involvement in solving a problematic (small or large) matter?

Best regards,

Ralf

1 comment:

RalfLippold said...

Reality is worse than the words already written:-(

Today, doing some banking business I got an error message (a number!) and the info to phone my bank on that issue.

Did that, and got the info by the call center agent, "We will call you back!" (at what time I still wonder, as it is 6 ago and banks are closed by now!)

Concerning the error number her advice, "Our support team will figure that out. You won't get the info!"

Do I feel valued?

Not a single bit! Am I the customer, or not?

Strangely, as I give the money for the bank, the call agent and somehow these folks not really care:-).

Best

Ralf