Saturday, October 9, 2010

What Gift of Life have you been Given?

... in response to StaceyKramer's TED talk

Thanks Stacey for sharing your most personal moments of life!

Reminded me of flying off my bike back in 1997 on the cobblestones of Dresden, at a speed of 40 km/h, without wearing a helmet. For one split second I saw the dynamo on the front wheel go down into the spokes, my shoes stuck in the pedals I crashed on the street. Head front, missed the 90°, 15 cm sidewalk edge just by millimeters. My gift was surviving with only a torn ligament!

One often don't know what gifts life is giving to us. The greatest gift of all is that we are on earth, playing to our very strengths whenever we ca use it!

Stacey, your short memorable story was shaking and I really have to thank you for that:-)

No comments: